Sunday 12 February 2012

Some Three

Time again for some minis I think. Believe it or not I have actually been doing some painting. I just haven't actually gotten around to taking any pictures since.... Last year?

Bloody hell. Anyway, let's see what we've got.




A Wraith from Games Workshop. A particularly silly one in fact. What is it with GW insisting on giving their guys improbable amounts of stuff to hold? I don't care how dead you are, a scythe is a 2 handed weapon. Anyway, you may note that I hadn't gone for a strictly traditional colour scheme. This is because, let's face it, your average Wraith just looks like a skeleton in a cloak. Which is boring. So, in the mood for something different I decided to try to go for something a little more ectoplasmic looking. I'm not sure I really got him glowing particularly, but he certainly appears slimey. Which I think is pretty cool. With robes I wanted something a little more ecclesiastical looking than the typical black. Of course, this is somewhat undermined by the dreaded generic fantasy undead equipment trope which states that everything must be encrusted in skulls. EVERYTHING.

Seriously, where is it the legions of death get all these skull marked shields, weapons, armour, shopping trolleys, jockstraps, packets of biscuits and the like? Is there a special shop only Vampire Counts know about for bolting bat wings onto things?


Giant Slugs from Heresy Miniatures. Or more specifically a Giant Slug, A Giant Maggot and a Giant Caterpillar. Oddly the slug and caterpillar were very straightforward to paint, but I had a lot of trouble with the maggot. Somehow I just couldn't get the paint to apply correctly and it kept going wrong. However I think that I got it in the end and my perseverance paid off. A trio of supremely unpleasant writhing things.


Finally an unexpected bonus in the form of something that's actually NOT horrible and trying to kill you! Which you must admit is somewhat unique given my taste in miniatures. I was given this mini by a friend, who had gotten it... SOMEWHERE. Turns out it's actually a piece by Hasslefree Miniatures. I was originally thinking of going for some sort of more advanced thing with the make-up, but after inking in the skin areas I actually found myself liking her plain and unadorned. It makes her look.... creepier.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, not an awesome "glow" effect but certainly looks like "Slimer" from the ghostbusters.

    ReplyDelete