Saturday 10 January 2009

[old blog import] Anticlimax Stories

So then, yeah. England. Wooooo.

Been back for a week now. It's quite depressingly like I've never been away, Excepting all the new Ultraman toys on my desk. But those could have come from anywhere.

Japan was pretty ace, and maybe next week I'll get around to writing up my notes. In the meantime I have ridiculous amounts of cleaning to do. Getting back into the grind is going to be the hard part. Still, never mind eh?

It's also a whole new year, in case you haven't noticed. Haven't really kept any resolutions yet, but then it's not like I've formally made any either. The problem it's always about doing less. Less eating, less spending, less of all the (allegedlly bad stuff). Not doing something makes for a pretty rubbish goal. You've not really got anything to work towards, no sense of accomplishment. But when I look at what I managed to do last year, I can't help but wonder if there's anything left. I mean, I went out to theme parks, did bungee jumping, a bunch of J-Rock concerts, Doctor Who exhibition, bought a house and went to Japan!

I'm all out of goals, at least ones with a definate result. Yeah, be less fat, cut down on the exsessive aquisition, sell shit on ebay, remove any trace of libido from my fractured psyche. Maybe even try to get over her. No idea how I'm ever gonna achieve that one, but then I never thought I could actually buy a house and go to Japan either, so I guess anythings possible.

In other news, Ultraman Mebius is the most awesome ever since last most awesome thing ever.

I'm gonna go do the washing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment