Tuesday 22 February 2011

An Unfortunate Confluence Of Otherwise Unrelated Events

So yesterday I got some Mochi. For those of you who don't know, Mochi is a tasty snack product of glorious Nippon (BANZAI!). It is a sort of pale greyish white squidgy blob of tasty goodness.


The other thing I got yesterday was an Adipose stress toy. For those of you who don't know (shame on you) an Adipose is a cute little alien hideous lard monster from Doctor Who. It is a sort of pale greyish white squidgy blob of adorable alien horror.



It occurred to me later, as I sat with various squishy gelatinous products that perhaps it was not on sober reflection the best idea to have gotten these 2 disperate yet strangely similar items together, as they may begin to associate with each other in ones mind in ways that simply will not end well.

Either one comes to associate the Mochi with the Adipose and thinks of chewing on lumps of sentient lard every time you try to eat resulting in a profound sense of nausea, or on comes to associate the Adipose with the Mochi resulting the distinct possibility of chocking to death or at least needing a new form of stomach pump.

Either way, I have now decided to refer to my new toy as Mo-Chan. I like to live dangerously.


1 comment:

  1. Weird.. Ive never thought of Mochi that way.

    The stress thingy looks cute though.

    ReplyDelete