Wednesday 18 February 2009

[old blog import] Is it done yet?

I have, at long last, finally completed my Japan trip scrapbook. It's only taken me a month and a half to find the time, and several rolls of sellotape to complete the hideous mishmash of random junk, flyers, tickets and whatever else caught my attention for whatever incomprehensible reason.

It's random, poorly organised, crudely stiched together and will doubtlessly age poorly and fall apart with time, but somehow that all strikes me as strangely appropriate. It reflects it's creator quite well in that regard.

The question I find myself asking however, is after all that, what was the point? It's not like anyone will ever see it except me. And I've seen it all already. Not really sure where this line of thought is going, probably nowhere. But it nevertheless remains a question, hanging over the completed artifact. Possibly like the sword of damocles. More realisically like one of those air fresheners shaped like a christmas tree or something.

Anyway, whatever, I don't fucking know.

It's done, thats the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment