Tuesday 3 February 2009

[old blog import] In many ways this could be considered a rhetorical question

So, how good are LM.C live? Do you rock, rock the L M C? Because I've been rock, rocking on the L M C, and I have to say, it was rather good.

The queue was kind of fun. It's not every day you get hugs and bicuits from random strangers just for turning up. There was a certain amount of, shall we say, disorganisation as the campers at the front tried to sort themselves out, and the back and forth did become rather tedious, but whatever. We're not here to que, are we? We're here to rock, rock the L M C. Is that joke getting old yet? I could use it bunch more times if you'd like. No? Oh well....

So yeah LM.C take to the stage and blast through an awesome set for something a little over an hour and a half. I can't remeber what songs they played off hand, and it would be tedious to list them anyway. They worked the crowd well, despite their lack of english. Indeed, they did get a girl in the front row to translate a bit, which was pretty fun. A real nice touch was the guy who came out before the band for a little chat about the difficulties getting here, and to tell everyone to take care, not push the band and stuff like that. Maybe it's because they're not used to playing venues like the underworld (shitholes) or maybe they do that all the time, I don't know. It gave proceeding a nice personal touch.

There was a meet and greet session after the concert, but I decided not to stick around for a number of reasons. Such as concern over the trains, being absolutely knackered, not wanting to pay to much for the taxi. But mainly because the place was rather crowded, and it's really not like I have anything particularly edifying to say in the first place. I like your music! Bet they haven't heard that before.

Again tonight witnessed the strange phenomenon of people twlling me I look cool and/or asking to take photos of me. I'm still a little disturbed by this behaviour. Whilst it's very nice and all, I have to wonder why they keep doing it. Did I suddenly wake up interesting last week? I don't feel interesting. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm as boring as ever, probably more so. Maybe fashioned changed when I wasn't looking and ugly is the new awesome? Who can tell?

That guy. He'd know. Ask him.

Anyway, I am go sleep now, for I am tired beyond the ken of mortals. Maybe even beyond their barbies as well.

After all, it's not like I went to sleep at half six yesterday evening or anything, oh no.

I am such an old man right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment