Monday 24 January 2011

Monkey Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......................

I am, right now, as I type this, literally angry with rage. Or would be if I had the energy. Luckily I'm feeling rather unwell, or there would be a lot of swearing going on.

But to the crux of my dilemma. I am currently, as you may know, engaging in a marked attempt to spend time away from screens by immersing myself in a sort of literary fugue of dead tree media. And one of the things I particularly enjoy reading is manga.

So, I'd bought up all the volumes of Saiyuki Reload (having already completed Saiyuki) for a bit of a binge. Nothing quite like getting a full set of a really good series and reading it all in one go.

However, I've come to the end of volume 9 and made a startling discovery. Volume 9 is NOT in fact the last volume. Well, it's the last volume available on amazon or anywhere else, but it's far from the end of the story. So I'm stranded in cliffhanger hell right now. Which is frustrating, but the next volume should be out kinda soon? Right?

FUCK ONLY KNOWS.

Apparently vol 9 was published in Jan 2009. So now it's 2 years later, and after literally MINUTES of googling I can't find the slightest clue as to weather or not the series has been abandoned entirely or they're just taking a long time to catch up or what.

It's just frustrating is all I'm saying. I've been shafted by great series being arbitrarily dropped before (Reiko The Zombie Shop anybody? How about Noodle Fighter Miki?) and it really fucks me off. I know it can take a while to get stuff published over here once we catch up to Japan, but it's the total lack of any comment from the publisher that really annoys.

Ah well, maybe this year, eh? At least I only just finished the available volumes now. Just think of the poor fans who got it on release day. 2 years...

Oh wait, Ghost Talkers Daydream.

FUCK YOU PUBLISHERS. FUCK YOU RIGHT IN THE EAR.

I'm gonna go lay down for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment