Friday 16 July 2010

I Like Write

I've got a new toy.

As you'll already be aware I've started using Linkbait Generator as a basis for a bit of weekly random. But today I have discovered (I.E. saw on boingboing) a fun new tool that I intend to play with. At least until I get bored of it:

I Write Like

Put simply, this is a text analysis tool. You feed it some text, and it tells you what author your text most closely matches. The exact criteria and analytical algorithms are unknown to me, as is the list of authors and size of database it's using for comparisons to each one. It is however a laugh putting in my incoherent drivel and seeing it likened to an actual author. I'm sure that though the tool is somewhat limited currently it has the potential to grow and expand, and it will be interesting to see how it does so.

In the meantime I'm going to start running my posts through it to see what sort of results I get. Starting with this one.


I write like
Dan Brown
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Oh dear. That's not a very auspicious start is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment