Monday 14 November 2011

Minis Catch Up Part 7: I Am The Black Wizards

It's not quite all Doctor Who and Sci-Fi. I admit, it's MOSTLY that. But not entirely. I've managed to squeeze in a few fantasy type pieces in.



Indeed this Drakul Warrior was another warm up piece. And in fact is still one that I'm most pleased with. I think these used to made by Harlequin, but I haven't found them for sale anywhere these days, which is a real shame.


I figured that the Drakul Wariors would be good bases for some Garo style warriors. So I thought I'd give it a go. The only real problem comes with the shield, as there's only so much you can do with big flat blank expanse of plain colour. However I did manage to build up quite a decent colour on him, so I think there's certainly potential for this sort of thing.


Apprentice Mage by Heresy Miniatures. Or, with the options I built him up with a Black Mage from Final Fantasy. I never realized just how much it went down that path until I had the mini and tried it with the Lich head option and hat at the same time. Of course the colour scheme I went with does nothing to hide this resemblance, but how could I resist?


Finally we have the set of Halfling Adventurers from Heresy. Needless to say they were various shades of fiddly, what with being halflings and everything. This is Ghonad The Barbarian. A piece which deserves buying simply on the name alone.


Next up is Norko The Sorceror. One of the things I really love about Heresy is that in addition to making some fantastic minis they clearly have a good sense of humor. At least I managed to restrain myself from painting his skin blue.


Buttercup, Destroyer Of Worlds. I picture her as a cleric of ancient evil gods that no one ever takes seriously. Because she's a halfling. All fantasy worlds are basically built on a foundation of racism after all.


Finally we have the epically named Van Halfling. Hunter of Witches, Slayer of Evils. Lover of toast. He's one of the main reasons I got the set of Halflings if I'm honest. It's just a fantastically fun mini. I'm really rather pleased with the fire here, it looks almost professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment