Saturday 26 November 2011

What The Hell Is The Plural Of Nemesis Anyway?

So yeah, I've been painting Cybermen.



Now, the thing is, when I've been doing some painting I want to not only post some pictures, but also talk a little about how I went about doing it. Which is all very well, until you get to the Cybermen. There are, after all, only so many ways you can say paint them silver.

Now, I did actually go out and buy a brighter silver than the one I already had, mainly because I wanted to make sure the 80s style ones came out brighter and shinier than the old school ones. Because let's face it, being bright and shiny is about the best an 80s Cyberman can manage a lot of the time, poor dears. It's not their fault of course, they've got allergies.


Now, the Cybercontroller did present a bit more variation, as he had the braincase to consider. Putting the veiny bits was pretty tricky, and did take a couple of attempts. But when it comes to painting any Cybermen you basically keep drybrushing silver until it looks good. Then do a black ink was and finish of with some more drybrushing silver. Possibly a lighter silver, but silver nevertheless.

Although, when you think about a certain amount of uniformity in their realisation is quite fitting. You will, as the saying goes, be like us. And we're well silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment