Thursday 10 November 2011

Minis Catch Up Part 5: Who Do You Love?

Having made a start on some of the monsters of Doctor Who in miniatures form, what was the next logical step?


The TARDIS. Part of the Constabulary Communication Cabinet set available from Aintsy Castings. I don't mind admitting that there was no way in hell I was ever going to get the writing on the signs to ever look reasonable, so I took the easy way out. If it offends you I can always just say that the telepathic circuits are on the blink. I am quite pleases with the colour I managed to get.


The central console from the set. Somehow I managed to make this look almost stoney in texture. Not exactly on purpose, but I think it's kinda cool. Certainly works well in the absence of any other actual TARDIS interior scenery.


The Seventh Doctor and Ace. Or perhaps the BEST Doctor & companion. Although as an 80's child I may of course be somewhat biased. Anyway, I invested in a few new colours before I started on these, Including a proper flesh wash. Inking on the Doctor is perhaps a little heavy, but whatever. I'm especially pleased with his jumper. I didn't think I'd be able to get that at all. It's funny, but of all the things you can do some of the most difficult to paint are normal looking humans.


The 9th Doctor by Heresy Miniatures. Well, the thinly veiled 9th Doctor, but not really. Honest. I simply do not understand why the BBC doesn't just give someone the licence to make new Doctor Who minis. But whilst their ignorance is keeping firms like Heresy in business I'm not going to argue. I confess that a fair part of the reason I have this one is simply that I was getting some other stuff and he was on sale. But it's still a very nice mini. No companion piece for him yet. Mainly as it would involve owning a Rose mini, and that's not something I'd wish on anyone.


Rounding out our bizarrely specific selection of odd numbered Doctors we find the Nerdlord MkII from Heresy. Who, it should be noted should you be reading from the licensing arm of BBC enterprises only resembles (but is legally distinct) from the 11th Doctor. Again, tricky in his normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment